In the beginning of the new century, which is marked by a big boom in information technology and communications, the management of logistics systems is characterized as management in the environment where changes is a constant phenomenon, with many consequences in every firm's organizational scheme.
The only successful business strategy, for the next twenty years, will be the continuous and successful adoption of changes by employing or developing highly qualified personnel, with knowledge and skills that make them capable to response in future challenges.
The only "tool" that ensures the quality of the human factor for every organization is sustainable training.
Arcadia Consulting Ltd. has developed and offers integrated training programs, with topics that cover the whole spectrum of the Supply Chain.
Integrated Training Solutions
Open and in-house training in Logistics suitable for all management levels is provided. All subjects of Integrated Training Solutions program have been designed in a modular form.
Each course has 16 hours total duration, consisting of 4 independent modules, 4 hours duration each.
The syllabus and content may be customized according to seminar's objectives and the educational and professional background of the participants.
Training is based on updated educational material, modern teaching methodologies and tools to achieve better understanding and optimum results.
The modular structure of Integrated Logistics Training program provides capability of a high customization degree. Based on the needs of a company or organization, specific modules may be chosen to create a customized in- house seminar that covers those needs.
If there are specific requirements, BLS Ltd. and its associates, have the required knowledge and experience to develop new modules and satisfy even the most demanding specialized training requests.
Our extensive consulting and training experience has indicated that the highest possible added value through training may achieved when the business environment is analyzed and the training needs identified.
Arcadia Consulting Ltd. offers, free of charge, on-site audits in cooperation with the relevant departments to determine the needs and scope of training.
In order to ensure the highest educational standards the recommended number of participants in each group may not exceed 15.
Training is supported by all necessary audiovisual and IT equipment. Specialized educational material covering the subjects and lectures is provided for every trainee.
Integrated Logistics Training courses developed by BLS Ltd are based on current developments and trends in Logistics and cover the whole spectrum of Logistics activities.
Integrated Logistics Training program consists of the following courses:
- Business Logistics ( LOG Β1): The Logistics functions and processes will be introduced. Logistics importance for business competitiveness will be presented also. Participants will be familiar with and will understand how Logistics systems could be implemented in different types of businesses
- Warehouse Management (LOG Β2): Warehouse management principles, methodologies and practices will be presented and analyzed. Participants will understand warehouse operations and technologies available, which enable managers to organize and manage warehouses effectively and efficiently.
- Transportation & Distribution Management (LOG Β3): Distribution operations, which consists the natural link of the Supply Chain nodes, will be presented. Physical Distribution incorporation patterns for developing integrated logistical systems will be introduced also. Criteria for proper transportation mode selection and fleet management techniques will be analyzed too.
- Inventory Management (LOG Β4): Modern practices and models for effective Inventory Management & Control are presented. This course has as a target to make participants knowledgeable and capable to recognize the role of inventories across the Supply Chain and improve their capabilities to manage inventories efficiently.
- Procurement Management (LOG Β5): The main aim of this course is to demonstrate the importance of effective procurement management as a tool for developing competitive Supply Chains. Participants will understand which procurement procedures are critical and will be familiar with best practices which create high added value procurement activities.
- Logistics Outsourcing & 3PL (LOG Β6): The main objectives of this course is to present and analyze the critical outsourcing factors, methodologies for selecting activities for outsourcing, 3PL provider selection, and the basic principles which help partners to develop, manage and monitor such a collaboration effectively.
- Logistics in Sales - Customer Service (LOG Β7): The main areas of Customer Service and the parameters which determine the level of the provided customer service will be defined. Participants will understand how to use Logistics as a tool for a higher Customer Service Level at minimum cost, which improve corporate competitiveness.
- Logistics Information Technologies (LOG Β8): The course is focused on IT applications available, which support Logistics activities (Warehouse Management Systems, Automated Data Capture Systems, RFIDs etc) and their importance for better, faster and cheaper business activities.
- Supply Chain Management (LOG Β9): Advanced course, which make participants familiar with the Integrated Supply Chain Management (I.S.C.M) philosophy. Principles, practices and methodologies for developing effective and competitive Supply Chains in a business environment demanding for better quality products and services, at minimum cost, will be presented and analyzed.
- Reverse Logistics (LOG Β10): This course covers the Reverse Supply Chain concept and all the Reverse Logistics maters. Reverse Logistics requirements will be presented and analyzed.
- HR in Logistics (LOG B11): A course designed for executives who manage Logistics operations. It presents methods for managing people effectively, techniques for dealing with conflicts, ways for correct time management and decision-making techniques.
- Financial Management in Logistics (LOG B12): A course for corporate executives. Logistics financial maters and cost factors of the Logistics process will be introduced and analyzed. Participants will be familiar with the techniques available to manage Logistics cost effectively.
- Legal Issues in Logistics (LOG B13): The aim of this course is to inform corporate executives about the existing Greek and European legal framework and how it affects Logistics activities.
- Logistics Project Management (LOG B14): This course presents an integrated approach, how to plan and implement major Logistics projects effectively.
- Quality in Logistics (LOG B15): Quality is an important factor in Logistics operations and activities. International quality standards applicable in Logistics will be analyzed. Implementation methodologies will be presented.
- Supply Chain Hygiene & Safety (LOG B16): The aim of this course is to present the security measures that must be set and upheld at all Supply Chain operations, in order to be consistent with all the Hygiene & Safety rules and regulations and minimize the risk of accident occurrence.
- Systems Logistics & Logistics Support ( LOG S1): An introductory course intending to make participants familiar with Systems Logistics & Logistics Support and their importance in systems' design, production and life cycle support. A general view of the elements of Logistics and their importance in the efficient operation of a system will be provided.
- Configuration Management ( LOG S2): The aim of this course is to present the methodologies to identify and define the elements of which a system is consisted of, to introduce the procedures and practices of recording and statues accounting, to analyze the engineering change proposal methodologies and to make participants familiar with the Configuration Audits.
- Maintenance Management (LOG S3): The maintenance concept of keeping systems with maximum operational availability during their life cycle will be introduced. Pprincipals for identifying maintenance requirements and developing and planning maintenance systems will be presented.
- Supply Support & Spares Optimization (LOG S4): Participants will be familiar with the supply support concept as an Integrated Logistics Support element. Practices for optimum supply support with lowest inventories of all materials required will be presented.
- Life Cycle Cost Management (LOG S5): The LCC concept will be introduced. Managerial techniques to identify LCC cost elements, and the ways, tools and methodologies available to manage this cost effectively during the system's life cycle will be discussed and analyzed.
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) (LOG S6): The ILS concept as a tool for effective support of any system during its life cycle is introduced. ILS elements, support requirements and integration with systems' operating cycle model and maintenance plan will be analyzed.